Jardim Botânico Tropical, Lisboa
The Tropical Botanical Garden was created in 1906, with the goal of teaching Tropical Agronomy. It was moved to its current location in 1914, spreading over a gentle hill near the Belém Palace and Jerónimos Monastery. With an area of 7 ha, it was conceived as a Colonial Garden with approximately 600 species belonging to more than 100 botanic families. The plant collection in the garden consists of species mainly from tropical and subtropical regions, with economic and botanic interest like spices, fruit, medicinal, stimulants, ornamental and fibers.
Roll over image for more information, click to share or open slideshow